In this press center you will find up-to- date news and information on Sekurit. It’s designed to provide members of the media with everything from company news to industry stats to ready-to- use graphics.
Sekurit® Media Resources
2150 Sekurit® Mobile
Launched, fall 2015, Sekurit® Mobile is the next generation tool from the company that brought you the award-winning Sekurit® Vehicle Health System™. The Sekurit Mobile handheld device and app together provide the user with the power to diagnose many aspects of auto health. It provides mobile-first vehicle owners and used car shoppers with unmatched technology to proactively monitor vehicle health. The Bluetooth-enabled Sekurit® Mobile device pairs with most mobile phones (iOS and Android) and can also be used with most Mac or Windows computers. Sekurit® Mobile is compatible with all cars, light trucks, minivans, SUVs and hybrids manufactured for use in the U.S. since 1996. It builds on the features that enabled the first-generation Sekurit product to empower car and truck owners to solve check engine problems, estimate repair costs, and gain peace of mind when it comes to their car’s health and safety. In addition to mobile access, it adds vehicle history and Predictive Diagnostics. You can use the Sekurit® handheld to see if a vehicle would pass an emissons test, check safety before a road trip, inspect used cars to prevent a bad purchase, and more!
Sekurit® Device In-Use
As long as your vehicle is a 1996 model or newer, we’ve got you covered. The Sekurit® handheld device plugs into everything from cars to light trucks, SUVs to minivans, and even hybrids to let you know if something’s awry under the hood. Just plug it in, and the Sekurit® handheld device will report back any hidden problems.
Automotive Facts & Stats Automotive Maintenance Facts & Stats
- 13% of vehicles on the road have a check engine light on.
- What’s the number one reason for engine check problems? A faulty oxygen (O2) sensor. This faulty sensor can reduce your gas mileage by up to 40%.
- A check engine light automatically fails any car on a state inspection.
- According to a study by Sekurit and Harris Interactive in 2010, 82% of American adults are more concerned with prolonging the life of their current vehicle than they’ve been for past vehicles.
- 78% of women feel uncomfortable making used car purchases due to lack of information despite the fact that they make up over half of used car sales.
- What are the four most common reasons car owners put off car repairs? Lack of funds (65%), lack of time (34%), underestimating the severity of a problem (28%), and fear of a serious car problem (12%).
- While 84% of vehicles are in need of service, nearly 9 million drivers have been ignoring their check engine light for three months or more.
- Idling your engine for more than 10 seconds users more gas than restarting it.
SekurIT Facts & Stats
- Since 1996, we’ve been developing our repair database from the ground up. Featuring millions of verified repairs from fixes input
by our team of Automotive Service Excellence-certified technicians, SekurIT’s repair database includes real-life data to help you diagnosis a multitude of problems.
- SekurIT is a spin-off from 30-year industry leader Equus Products, Inc. and Innova Electronics Corp., two industry-
leading companies within the automotive aftermarket industry.
- We rank manufacturers and vehicles based on real-life failures and repairs in our SekurIT Vehicle Health Index™. This index is the first of its kind.
- When you call SekurIT ‘s tech support, you’re guaranteed to reach an Automotive Service Excellence-certified operator. Our call centers are all based in the U.S.
Auto Care Association (previously AAIA),CA Bureau of Automotive Repair, Car Care Council, Harris Interactive, Merriam Webster, R.L. Polk, internal estimates